Synthetic hair wigs offer a quick and long-lasting solution to hair loss and hair loss problems. While those with natural hair offer a greater possibility in terms of styles, those with synthetic hair are sold with a predetermined hairstyle that remains unchanged over time.
Given this, many people wonder if heat tools can be used on synthetic wigs. The reason is that, just as they would do with their natural hair, they would like to have more options when it comes to finishing their hair. Do you want to know if it is possible to shape a wig or hair prosthesis of this type with heat?
Pay attention to the type of fibers of the wig
Today it is important to distinguish between good, bad and new generation synthetic wigs. When we talk about low-quality wigs, we mean all those that seem to be made for a costume.
When we talk about cases of alopecia, sometimes caused by oncological processes, it is important to find a wig that is natural to the eye. As far as possible, also to the touch, since its finish and quality have an impact on the self-esteem of the wearer.
Due to this, it is necessary that they have a minimum of quality. In the case of lower quality ones, you cannot use heat tools under any circumstances, since the fibers will stick to the ironing plates. In other words, both the wig and the irons would be damaged, and that is something that nobody wants.
New generation synthetic wigs, the solution to this problem
While it is true that a natural hair wig is much more versatile when it comes to shaping it, synthetic hair wigs also offer some possibilities. For this, it is always necessary to make sure that these wigs are of a new generation, since they allow us to go one step further than the simple cut and hairstyle.
How? Thanks to their resistance to heat, these wigs can be shaped with tools such as a blow dryer, irons or curling irons. Similarly, this feature makes it possible for them to be worn in any situation, even in the kitchen.
And it is that, as you have already read or heard, there are models of synthetic wigs that do not resist the heat of the oven or that generated by boiling water in a saucepan.
Tips for shaping your new generation synthetic wigs
Despite the aforementioned, it is always advisable to take into account some tips so that the molding does not end with our wig. We tell you!
- First of all, it is important to control the temperature of these devices, since a very high temperature can damage the fibers even if they are resistant to heat. The best thing in these cases is to use a low temperature, just as we would do to style fine natural hair.
- In irons, we are talking about 180º, so it is essential that you use a model with a temperature regulator. In the case of the dryer, it is best not to use it unless it is absolutely necessary.
- What do we mean? Forget about this device whenever you can air dry your wig. Finally, there are the curling irons, for which we give the same advice for use as for the irons.
- In addition to regulating the temperature to a minimum, another recommendation that we cannot ignore is to use a heat protector. Just like it does with natural hair, this product creates a protective layer, capable of helping hair stay cared for much longer.
- With these tips you can also eliminate the typical frizz that is generated in wigs after continued use. In these cases, before ironing it, it is advisable to carry out a small maintenance session, immersing the wig in hot water so that its fibers soften, hydrating it with maintenance products, drying it and, finally, passing the irons carefully.
At Newlacecu we are here to help you. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact us to ask us each of the questions that may arise about our models of synthetic wigs and their characteristics.
In cases of illness or permanent alopecia, wearing a wig is the relief of many people. The reason is that they help them maintain their previous appearance by making them not feel so low on a psychological level.
Synthetic fiber wigs are the perfect alternative for those who know that their use will be temporary. They require less maintenance, so it is possible to be somewhat carefree about maintaining your hairstyle and style, since it remains even after washing.
Finally, their price stands out, and it is that they are much cheaper than those of natural hair. Knowing that heat tools can be used on synthetic wigs, would you prefer them over natural hair?