When we start wearing hair prosthesis, one of the first things that we ask ourselves is about their cost. How much does it cost to maintain them? And, for sure, having doubts is totally normal.
Normally, a hair prosthesis has a high price, but you have to know that there are cheaper alternatives that work in the same way. We are going to explain to you how much it costs to wear a hair prosthesis annually!
The annual cost for those who use hair prosthesis is not an exact science. There are lots of variables to be considered and, at the end, everything is going to depend on the fabrics which the prostheses are made of, of the services you need or of the times that you realize the maintenance in your beauty center, unless you rather prefer to do the maintenance at home.
WHAT IS THE COST TO MAINTAIN HAIR PROSTHESES AT HOME
If you want to calculate your expenses and the price to pay, the first thing you should do is ask yourself how you will maintain your hair prosthesis. Will you do it alone or, on the contrary, will you pay for maintenance at a hairdresser’s?
This is a fundamental factor that will determine whether costs increase or decrease. If you decide to do the maintenance at home, it is best to ask your stylist previously or, if you feel more confident, ask our own professionals.
They will give you the best advice so that you do not have to go to any beauty center and better manage the maintenance of your hair prostheses and, in consequence, to reduce the total cost.
To help you with the task of taking care of your hair prostheses, we suggest you pay attention to the following recommendations.
Follow these steps:
- Get a good quality shampoo and don’t just look at its price when it comes to washing your hair prosthesis.
- Acquire maintenance products that can help you keep your hair prosthesis in perfect condition.
- If your prosthesis is adhesively attached to the skin, you must use tape, glue, and solvent each week to clean the base.
- Remember do not apply chemicals without the help of a professional.
- Just do simple maintenance at home, like cleaning and fitting the prostheses.
THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN YOUR HAIR PROSTHESIS AT HOME
When you wear a hair prosthesis, you have to protect your hair and constantly moisturize it. On average, the cost of this task is 100 dollars a year and as for the products that you should use, these are:
- Delicate and protective sulfate-free shampoo.
- Restructuring cream to use every week to moisturize the hair.
- UVA ray protector, to protect the hair from the sun and prevent it from oxidizing.
- An oil-free, or dry oil, or argan oil, to moisturize all hair strands.
- Liquid silicone from the NewLacecu factory, to give your hair the softness it had the first day, when you received your prosthesis. With this product your wig or hair prosthesis will always look like new.
WHAT IS THE COST FOR MAINTAINING HAIR PROSTHESES IN SPECIALIZED CENTERS
We have already told you about the approximate price of maintaining your hair prosthesis at home. But, if you choose to go to a hair center to be pampered instead, you will clearly have to pay for this service and the costs will increase considerably.
The prices in the beauty centers may vary according to the service but, on average, they are around 100 dollars for maintenance, although this will depend on the system you choose.
YOUR HAIR PROSTHESIS, WHAT YOU NEED AND ITS PRICE
We have already told you about the average cost of maintaining hair prostheses, both at home and in specialized centers. Next, we will explain to you what products are required for its maintenance and what is the common price that they have in the market.
HAIR INTEGRATION SYSTEMS
Hair integration systems can present several differences between them. There are long-lasting systems, but they are heavier and more visible. There are also short-term ones, totally invisible and breathable.
Before deciding to use hair prostheses, you should get informed about the characteristics of each system. To do this, you can request information at the beauty center of your convenience or you can go directly to our online store and examine the different systems available.
FIXED COSTS OF WEARING HAIR PROSTHESES
To start the hair treatment, a haircut is almost always included for the user, so that this hair integrates with the partial prosthesis. In this case, this cost only affects users of partial hair prostheses.
On the other hand, there are clients who use a razor to shave their sides to reduce this cost. Or others who prefer, every month or two months, to go to a hairdresser’s.
This is also a personal choice and it is up to you to decide how to proceed and how to feel better.
ADHESIVES, SOLVENTS AND TAPES
If your prosthesis is adhesively attached to the skin, you need to use tape, glue and solvent each week to clean the base.
The cost of these items is around 100 dollars per year, with a maximum of 150 dollars. Therefore, we are talking about the estimated total price, being only 10-12 euros per month.
It is not an excessive expense, but it should be calculated if the budget is limited. Clearly, if you opt for an adhesive partial prosthesis or a full adhesive prosthesis, this expense will be removed from your fixed costs.
WHAT IS THE PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HAIR PROSTHESIS FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Although it can be said that all prostheses may look the same, it is true that there are differences between them and, therefore, in terms of cost. A hair prosthesis is designed to cover certain areas of the head where there is an absence of hair.
Due to this, each person will have different needs and, because of that, will need one or another type of prosthesis. If you want to know everything about it, we will tell you in more detail the reason for the variation between the price of a hair prosthesis for men and women.
PRICE OF A HAIR PROSTHEIS FOR MEN
At NewLacecu we are specialists in the production of hair prostheses and wigs for both men and women. Making men feel comfortable in their skin is one of our goals and, for this reason, we have different types of hair prosthesis available to all of them.
Depending on the hair prosthesis that is chosen, it will have one price or another, and we will talk about that below. In particular, the factors that determine the cost of prostheses for men basically fall on their type.
Of course, all of our men’s hair systems are made from natural hair and are invisible. Even so, the different models that we have have differences that vary their price, such as the base material, which can be made of polyurethane, mesh, silicone or reinforced lace.
There are also differences in men’s hair prostheses depending on the type of hair used for their production. But, in summary, if you want to know what is the price that a hair prosthesis for men can have, it can vary between 100 and 450 dollars, depending on both the base and the type of hair used.
PRICE OF A HAIR PROSTHESIS FOR WOMEN
In the case of hair prostheses for women, their price is usually higher than the ones that are made for men. The main reason is because of their length, although this fact is not a problem, as we have prosthesis with prices around 100 dollars.
An example of this is the topper with clips, with which you can get more density in the hair. If you have more budget, we also have other more expensive options, such as the perimeter skin lace hair prosthesis, whose price is around $300.
TYPES OF HAIR PROSTHESES AND PRICES
As you may have already guessed, on our website we have several types of hair prostheses, adapted to all pockets and needs. Knowing each of these types will help you make a better choice of your prosthesis when it comes to buying one of them.
- Densifier system. Also known as a microline system, this type of hair prosthesis is priced at approximately $400 and is perfect for adding density to both men’s and women’s hair.
- Silk system. With it, the base of the prosthesis adheres to the hair by means of clips, which does not require prior shaving of the area. For less than 300 dollars you can get this type of prosthesis, very practical and resistant.
- Total system in lace. With these total hair prostheses it is possible to cover the entire scalp. Due to this reason, they can be the ideal option for all those people who suffer from universal alopecia areata or those who have undergone chemotherapy processes. All of this, for less than 300 dollars.
- Hair prosthesis with suction pad. Thanks to its suction pad system, this type of prosthesis can be placed without the need to use glue or tape. Regarding its price, this type of hair prosthesis can be around 1,000 dollars.
Now that you know the average price for the maintenance of a hair prosthesis, you can calculate your monthly expenses. Of course, if you still have doubts about it, you can consult our experts.