A question that many people ask is: can I take a shower wearing a non-surgical thickening?, How should I do it?, How many times can I do it?.
Many wearers of prostheses, even some who have used them for years, never take a shower with the system on their head, but wait for the weekly change to wash their hair and clean the base and the skin, others instead wash themselves daily, every morning or every evening…
But what is the best way to do it?
First let us specify it, with a hair system or a modern total wig you can wash your hair without problems, not only that, you can also go to the sea or the pool, if you have any doubts, watch our videos in our YouTube channel.
What precautions should I take before showering with a hair prosthesis?
The only precautions you have to use (to protect your hair from chlorine and salt) is to take a shower when you come out of the sea or pool.
But let’s go to the topic of the article: how many times is it right to take a shower with a hair system (wig) and how should it be done to protect the base and hair?
You have to wash yourself every time you find your hair dirty … it may seem like a stupid rule but this is the truth!
Also remember that hair does not have bulbs, so it does not get dirty like normal hair, while it tends to dry out more, so we give you some tips on how to shower with a hair replacement system and optimize the quality of the hair and system life.
Tips for showering with a wig or hair prosthesis
- Since the hair gets dirty more and dries out sooner, use less shampoo, while instead, use more creams … with each wash, pass a restructuring cream along the length of the hair and let it act to allow the hair to hydrate.
- Do not rub the base with your fingertips but pass your hand over the length of the hair and distribute the product gently
- Avoid boiling water, it’s fine hot or lukewarm, you certainly can’t freeze to protect your hair!
- When drying, do not rub or rub the towel on the hair (you could create knots or ruin the base) but rest the same on your head and pat gently.
- Use the ion hair dryer, to hydrate your hair while you dry it! The comb must have silicone tips so as not to damage the base.
One last tip: do not go crazy and do not take everything at face value or absolute truth what we write, they are only advice, not mandatory laws, in the end you have to live the prosthesis as if it were your hair, with lightness and tranquility … if it gets damaged you will change it with a new one.