It is well known that neither wigs or hair systems have sebaceous glands so, the only hydration which will help hairs to regenerate, will come from outside using cosmetic products such as shampoo, mask, oils.
Like it or not, those who have a fat skin have sebum, which is carried to the hair shaft hydrating and protecting it. Even if it gives us a not so clean look, hair fat carries out its function of hair hydrator!
In case of wigs or systems that doesn’t happen.
Therefore it is important to have a good routine / hygiene habit.
It is true that, in most cases, it is right to not wash the wig or system because it is not so dirty (especially if it is not used everyday), but it is necessary to hydrate well with a good mask and a good serum.
And what happens between a wash and another?
Do we forget about hair?
It is better to be sure rather than displeased when the damage is done. Even though the system is new and we see it soft, silky and perfect, especially it is attached using adhesives and solvents, it is right to have daily routine where we take care of our hair which won’t last more than one minute.
The benefits are enormous and make the difference for the hair duration and appearance!
Let’s distinguish for seasons:
1) END OF SPRING – SUMMER:
There is the Sun, sometimes even too much of it!
Hairs suffer a lot during the hottest months of the year.
Don’t forget to use the spray when you go out. There are spray products for hair which contain solar filters and protect hair from chlorine and saltiness, 3 in 1!
Essential if you go to the beach or the swimming pool. In that case put the spray in your backpack and spray every 2 hours or after every bath. Furthermore these products soften and disentangle the hairs, in addition to perfume them.
Don’t forget to apply an oil no oil for all the hair length. This product leaves the hairs soft, neat, loose and with a clean scent.
Always apply it at home and wait for it to dry before going under the Sun.
If your hairs are completely new or their cuticle is very closed (especially if they are European hairs) you can apply a little amount of serum without rinsing every other day. If they are already worn you can instead use the oil no oil more times a day, but always indoor never under the Sun. You must wait for it to dry before going outside.
The Sun is a problem, but the cold it is too.
Especially if you have long or very long hair the best advice is: apply a hair conditioner with no rinse for all the length. If the hairs are new you can even do it every 2 days. In case your system or your wig are more worn out, you can use a little amount of argan oil. In that way you will avoid the frizz effect and tangles.
Artificial hairs also suffer for the temperature fall, as well as thermal contrasts: 0 degrees in the street and 25 degrees for the indoor heating. A serum with no rinsing is your great ally, especially when you face rain, because the more hydrated and flexible your hair is, the less it swells and curls because of humidity.
General advice to keep in mind:
- The shampoo must have neutral ph.
- Don’t use fortifying shampoos, those for sensitive scalp, anti-dandruff shampoos, anti-fat etc …
- Never use shampoos for children!!!!!
- Never apply cosmetic products with tangled or excessively dirty hairs (glue residue, food, dust, sand …)
- If your wig or your hair system is made with natural hairs, yes, you can straighten your hair, but be careful to not exaggerate with temperatures.
- Never apply oil on your hair and then go out under the sun, go to the beach or to the swimming pool before it dries.
- An excess of cosmetics saturates the hairs and makes them opaque. A small quantity is enough. Less is always better!
- Never apply a mask, serum or in particular oil to the wig or hair system root, because that makes knots become more loose. Do it only along the hair length.