The capillary systems which Newlacecu offers to its customers are meticulously worked by specialists and quality is the main and common characteristic we look for in this company. Once a capillary system is made, either a custom or a stock one, it is really important to keep it clean. For that reason there are several specific products and materials for hair system maintenance, which help to get a perfect positioning of the latter and to keep it in perfect conditions longer.
Today we will describe, step by step, how to position a system according to the method used by a hairdresser from Montevideo, who wrote us how he proceeds when he places our wigs on his customers.
As you will see it is different from other methods described in the blog and which we talked about in our forum hairsystems-wigs.com, but he is comfortable using this one so we decided to write it down, since it could be useful to many.
Products and materials requested for hair system:
For the correct positioning of the system specific materials are necessary, which you can find in Newlacecu shop.
- Scotch tape.
- Liquid adhesive.
- Liquid to remove the system: it will help you to remove the system from the skin and to clean if there are residue.
- Liquid detergent: this liquid is used for cleaning the system inside after being removed, that is removing glue residue, mostly if there is an edge of the hair system.
Optional materials for your hair system:
- Scissors with short tips: to cut tape and folds which form when tape is positioned.
- Comb with narrow points: this comb is used for removing tape or glue residue from hairs or edges.
- Plastic head: to maintain the perfect condition, shape of the system and the hairstyle.
- Cotton: oil or liquid will be necessary to remove glue or tapes. Any kind of cotton is valid.
Removing the system from the head:
To remove the hair system, cotton and liquid solvent are necessary.
You need moisten the cotton and gently rub. Start from your nape if it is a total system and press towards the direction of the hairs. Continue on the sideburns and finally on the front as long as it isn’t completely detached. Clean the scalp using another cotton and the same liquid to remove any residue.
After the system is removed, the scalp is cleaned to remove the remaining adhesive. In the first place, it is massaged with a circular movement using a new moistened cotton with cleaning liquid or an alcohol. And then the head is washed with a soothing shampoo, massaging in circle. It is convenient to wash and rinse up to two times. After that you have to dry using a towel or a dryer so that there is no humidity. In the end a moisturizer should be applied on the head, especially where scotch tape is positioned.
Inner cleaning of the system:
To remove scotch tapes from the system, first you need to apply heat using a hair dryer and then remove the dirty tapes.
You also need clean adhesive residue from hairs and areas where the tape was placed, if necessary, using liquid detergent.
Steps to follow for maintenance and your hair system care:
How to wash it:
- It is important to not wet the system before removing knots and combing it. The brushing should always begin from the root towards the length.
- After the system is wet, use a specific shampoo to moisturize and nourish (we always recommend shampoos without sulfites and alcohols). Spread the shampoo uniformly. We suggest you use a ball comb with silicone tips, since prevents it from getting caught in the net.
- Rinse, plentiful washing with water, while brushing in the direction the hairstyle. It is very important to never rub. Repeat the second washing with the same procedure of the first one.
- Apply the mask and the moisturizer on the hairs (we recommend products you can find in our online shop). Using a towel, remove the moisture in excess without rubbing or twisting the hairs. Then apply the mask from root to length. Brush again and apply the moisturizer on the entire hair, from nape to the center of hairs, from bottom to top. Finally you can dry and use the products to maintain the hairstyle such as foam, gel o lacquer.
Positioning of the capillary system:
To position the capillary system, first apply the tape to the back of the base. It must be dry, otherwise the tape doesn’t paste. Then you have to place the scotch tape from one end to the other of the front part, lightly touching the base without touching the hairs. Follow the cranial shape formed by folds in every points to give it the correct shape. Pieces of tapes are trimmed and laid carefully, paying attention to not cut the base, so that don’t create problems when the system is positioned.
Subsequently, the paper part of the scotch tape is detached in the edges.
How to adhere to the hair system:
There are two methods to position the hair system on the head: using a double-sided adhesive tape or a double-sided adhesive tape and an adhesive one.
- With double-sided tape: It is easy to remove it and put it on. First of all, the capillary system must be centered, making the front tip coincide with the position of the nose. Then, turning is necessary to remove the protective paper from the tape We recommend starting from a lateral end to the other one of the system and finishing in the back of the neck.
- With double-sided and adhesive tape: Position the adhesive on the front area, on sideburns or neck, always above the scotch tape. Thereby strengthening the adherence to the scalp and a longer duration is achieved.