Why is it highly recommended the use of a natural remedy onion juice hair mask? Because it is one of the most natural, effective method against hair loss.
On average our scalp is made of 100.000 hair and a daily hair loss of about 50 or 100 follicular units it is absolutely normal. But if the situation gets worst, then seek for treatment because that could be a sign of baldness.
Hair loss is due to many unforeseeable reasons: stress, smoke, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, toxic products, auto-immune diseases, polycystic ovarian disease and chronic illnesses.
Onion as a treatment for baldness?
A research published in the Journal of Dermatology has shown that the use of onion can have positive effects against alopecia areata which is classified as an autoimmune disease that leads to a local hair loss.
Patients have been asked to apply onions juice 2 times a day for 2 months. After a month of treatment big improvements in hair growth could have seen by 74% of them.
That was made possible by the use of onion which has healthy properties such as:
- It contains high levels of sulphur, considered one of the most important element of hair which increases the production of collagen. Thus the circulation of blood and oxygen increase, bringing to your hair the right nutrition making it healthier and brighter.
- It is rich in iron, potassium and vitamins A, B and C.
- It has antibacterial properties: it helps our scalp to get rid of toxins and other waste products such as sebum, dandruff and hairspray remains. Tanks to this properties it can cure many scalp infections that could cause hair loss.
- Besides, thanks to an antioxidant enzyme called catalase, it prevents hair from aging blocking the premature hair loss.
Onion mask recipe for hair treatment of alopecia areata
By following the onion mask recipe you will notice how your hair will become smooth and soft. Moreover it will grow faster.
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of honey 25gms
- 1 tablespoon of essential oil (lavender, rosemary or peppermint are fine as well)
If you would like you can add a few drops of rose water in order to cover the smell.
- Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces;
- Use a centrifuge to extract the juice;
- Mix the juice with honey, essential oil and rose water;
- Before applying the mask moisten your hair with warm water (be careful not to use hot water);
- Apply the mask by a revitalizing massage;
- Massage the whole scalp with this mixture
- Cover your hair with a cap and allow to react for at least half an hour
- Wash your hair using a nourishing shampoo which smells good
Ideally, you should apply this mask three times a week until you are satisfied with the results.